Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hell Week Schmell Week

So I've got 4 essays due in the next week and a midterm to boot.
I do believe this will go down as a big first test for my new career path.
I'm excited. I also have no time for a blog with flowing thoughts. So here are some thoughts thrown together willy nilly.
I have decided to completely give up illegal downloading of music. Before I took the compromising weaksauce approach of "Oh, if it's legit, I"ll buy it and support it. If it's just a guilty pleasure or not quite good enough for my tastes, then it's ok to just download."
That's a pretty ridiculous stance to take I realize. It's the same thing as saying "Oh this girl is pretty enough, I"ll pay for her dinner. / Ehh this girl isn't that great but still good enough to go on a date... I'll just pretend to go to the bathroom and then leave and then the bill will be on her"
Plus I'm a sucker for the whole supporting artists and crap ideal.
Plus God said thou shalt not steal.
So it looks like a lot of youtube listening from now on to determine if songs have that lasting power and quality.
Speaking of which I am listening to disney(mania) songs right now on youtube. Let me tell you, these songs have lasting power. But I can't bring myself to buy them at the age of 19.
New keyboard please arrive soon!!

4 comments:

D said...

There's nothing wrong with not paying for an ugly girl's meal. At least, that's what I've always been taught.

The Big L said...

It's really like you're stealing from the suits at the record company though, and you can support the band for real by going to the concerts.

At least that's the excuse I tell myself when I'm trying to feel less guilty.

studyhq said...

this was most definitely one of the best posts. i actually also had trouble with illegal downloading, i might have told you already. i had like 5 gigs of music and i deleted all of it. but then, i started dling again. and then i deleted again. YOUTUBING is so annoying though!! but its the true legit way. dgao you are my hero.

shuntaro said...

good man, dvdgao. keep it up. what have you been listening to lately?