Sunday, February 1, 2009

Put the Blame on Me

When's the last time you asked your roommate or friends or siblings "how can i change to improve myself?" It was really refreshing to do so today with one of my roommates. The truth may sting a bit, but if everyone maintained this mindset, the world would have a lot less arguing and falling outs. Someone who thinks their own way is always right, or is oblivious to their own shortcomings is someone who is doomed in the end.
. . .
In the "did not expect to find a good quote here" department:
"Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes." - Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book that my sister had on our last vacation and I was reading in different accents to mock her
"Insomnia is nothing to sleep over" - Hooters hand wipe that I saw when we went there for Yi's birthday last year
. . .
Five classes is starting to be a bit overwhelming.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Amen to the first part of your post.. very true. the biting truth is what we need to hear sometimes.. or a lot of the time.

The Big L said...

Word, man. It's easy to say that, but harder to act it. I'm impressed. It's something I need to do much more often.

I would say you wrote a very deep post, but you had to ruin it by admitting you read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (I'm not buying this read-to-my-sister alibi for a second)