Monday, December 22, 2008

winter...2008 pre-christmas on 3... BREAK

I realized I miss reporting on the little things in my life. So what follows is pretty much what you would read in a diary of a 9 year old OR one of those recap christmas card letters updating everyone on how the person's year went. Except only for a week of winter break.

Winter break is more than one third over and I can't really say I've accomplished a whole lot. However, chilling, relaxing, kickin it etc has been excellent.
I saw Slumdog Millionaire with Amrit, Peli, and Sean Rich. It was definitely a good movie. The more I think about it the more I like it. I kind of had massive expectations coming in, and immediately afterwards I was slightly dissapointed, but I think I would like it a lot more after seeing it again. The actress who played Latika was also perfect. Not just that she was gorgeous, but she also fit the role perfectly. Like Nick and Norah was a good movie too, but Kat Dennings did not quite fit her role perfectly. Not sure why.
I also got together with Issac and Michael and my brother to make a holiday music video for youtube. It was good to collaborate with Mr. Pao's harmonizing/accompanying skills again, and somewhat gratifying to finally be able to incorporate my brother. As for Mwen... we had some valiant attempts... (our desperate cry for a singer is growing louder. Please, someone out there, save us. you will gain immortal youtube fame. except not.)
I got to catch up with some publications related buds and church related friends as well. This may not be manly or whatever, but I really enjoyed just chatting and catching up on each other's lives, as well as the inevitable strolls down memory lane. Catching up with people and commencing in these activities is probably the highlight of my break.
UCI basketball continues its losing ways. I miss Patrick Sanders. And even though he's not doing enough this year, I will miss Kevin Bland as well. Can someone put a picture of Zach Atkinson next to the definition of 'bust' in the dictionary? At least there's Eric Wise, Recognize...
Christmas shopping has been sparse so far and uncomplete, but I am glad I spotted that Elton John deluxe DVD. Who would have thought they still carried those eh?
Ranger is still difficult. He still kind of bites at people, which is always encouraged by my sister's delighted laughter because he protects her. This is not a good development in my opinion.
Bum bum be-dum bum bum be-dum bum What's wrong with me? I am ridiculously addicted to "Disturbia" and "Hot N' Cold". I realize this is highly embarassing but those songs are just too catchy.
I am a strong supporter of the notion that you always kind of like someone (or wouldn't mind getting in a relationship with someone). But I haven't felt this love interest lacking since AP Chem took over my life. Actually I have to take that back. I haven't felt this far away from getting into a relationship since I just got to San Diego in 8th grade. This may seem kind of sad, and I'm sure I would have felt that way a couple years ago. But now I'm doing fine with those circumstances.
On a more legit musical note (get it? har har), I'm really liking Muse and Keane right now. To the members of those bands: please let me join you guys. Or at least get the cool British accent. Also liking Kansas. I think I have to admit a full on weird affliction towards cheesy 70's rock and roll. Chicago, Styx, and now Kansas... I should move back to rural Tennessee.
I really want to have my own sports column next year. What do y'all think about writing like this for it?

2 comments:

D said...

yeah, dude. thank god for those Elton John DVDs.
QUIT LISTENING TO RIHANNA. Katy's acceptable. Rihanna's just embarrassing.

Jenny said...

yeah write ur own sports column!