Sunday, December 14, 2008

pulling the string

As soon as December hit, I have been wishing for finals to be over. Now that they are, I look back and can't even remember how December has gotten this far. How is it already half over?!

I think Dave Gibbons was dead on when he said that too often in life we get from point A to point B and have no recollection of how we got there.

All I remember is a gradually expanding stress, until at the end I was just sitting in my room the whole day (or at the library). Plus Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and Shawshank Redemption.
I hope this blog helps me remember my days better. What's the point of even going through all those trials and tribulations/joys and triumphs, if you can't remember them afterward.

2 comments:

Allison Blood said...

I wish December lasted longer. It's such a fun month. I turned 20, and now im like shit, time for me to start wanting time to go slower.

studyhq said...

yeah definitely important to remember what happened in btwn. it would suck to finish college and be like...i only remember the beginning and the end of each year.