Sunday, March 28, 2010

BWAM LA & other realizations

It dawned upon me today that I only have a third of my undergrad college career left. The first third and the second third couldn't have been more different in nature, really. Now, going into the third, I really want to reach that proverbial palace. But I must admit, amidst my confidence and motivation, I still have some streaks of self-doubt and insecurity. It only hit me right now how relevant Francis Chan's message this morning was. Such a nifty reminder to be at peace with what we're doing, and to know that God has planned it this way. Humility is thinking about other over yourself, not thinking about yourself at all. Humility is not putting yourself down.

On a sidenote: Writers always seem to have a mentality to try especially hard on introductions/hooks/leads. What if we wrote everything with as much effort and emphasis as we did our leads? Anyway, another thing about writing is if you do too much of it in one chunk, no one will read it. So without further ado...

~BWAM LA 2010 Thoughts~
1. First time I actually enjoyed working with kids, something I've never particularly felt very comfortable doing. Maybe because I only get along with certain types of kids, but it was an eye-opening and encouraging experience. It was just saddening to have to leave so soon after barely getting any time with them. Hearing their stories made me want to go back.
2. I LOVE my BWAM team forreals. I feel so blessed to have spent spring break with the specific people that the LA Confidants consisted of. So much laughing, insight, and honesty. :)
3. Speaking of being blessed... this trip made me realize God is too good to us. Complaints for me should be non-existant.
4. Quick hits from devotionals... Listen and understand, love on the lost and the forsaken, even when it is a lot harder to do so, love intentionally and without agenda (and do it yourself), friends shouldn't be the exact same as you, but rather challenge you to be more than you are.
5. As Christians, we should not tell others "you need to do this, you need to do that". Rather, just keep giving encouragement and support. Pray for specifics, and look to God for change.

Let's do this like Brutus Spring 2010.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.