Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks 2009

1. Proverbial Putts is 1 year old, today.
2. My mother served cranberry sauce today that expired last year. She calmly noted that she bought it last year for Thanksgiving, but that it was still perfectly fine and unspoiled. Thankfully, I had the other type of cranberry sauce on the table hahah... gotta love being back home for family meals. =]
3. I'm pretty sure my sister has an addiction to whipped cream. Not only did she ask to bring it out at the beginning of the meal, but she asked to use some more when she literally had the tiniest possible piece of pumpkin pie left.
I feel like this is an apt metaphor for what the holidays have become in America. Let's all remember to use the whipped cream as a bonus trimming, and not the reason why we're eating the pie in the first place.

1 comment: