Friday, October 28, 2011

Cardinals 10, Rangers 9


What a magical night of baseball. It's hard to even recap in words all the different moments that piece together into an outcome that I will never forget. I'm glad that I never gave up hope when we were down in the 8th inning (and Facebook can prove this). I had a good feeling against Adams and once they showed that statistic of Feliz being 7/7 in save chances in the postseason, I had this gut feeling that we definitely had a shot. As everyone keeps saying, it really is the perfect metaphor game for a season where the Cards have never quit. I'm going to reserve further comment on the season until after Game 7, but I wanted to preserve this night of jubilation. Or as ESPN would say, "Freese Frame."

Joe Strauss's fitting lede in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: "The Cardinals have moved beyond the unlikely, through the implausible and onto the absurd. Thursday night before the largest crowd ever to watch a game at new Busch Stadium they added a chapter too complex to fully understand but too compelling to ignore."

These are the games that make baseball truly a special sport, unique from every other. It was great to see people that usually don't watch actually get into it and admit to being sucked into the excitement. It was great to have people reach out to me because I'm one of the only Cardinal fans they know, and wanted to express how happy they were for me. Just crazy. I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments: