Saturday, October 29, 2011

11 in '11


Yesterday was a day for not only the history books, but the memory books as well. The improbable run and underdog mentality (21 of 25 ESPN "experts" had Texas winning) is just icing on the cake. I found it heart-warming that everyone, even those who don't even like baseball, were congratulating me yesterday right after the fact. I said thanks as if I had done something, but really, it's about being a fan for every single year paying off on days like these. Although I did lose a lot of enthusiasm when they were down in the dumps, I'm proud to say that I never gave up on them. It's a lesson in perseverance and giving it your all even when the odds are stacked up against you. It's a classic example of teamwork with everyone contributing their own part. Most of all, it's an example of just how much unifying joyful exuberance can come from a simple game of baseball.

Thanks everyone for sharing the memory.

No comments: