Monday, May 4, 2009

Firsts

This quarter is breezing by, so I thought I'd stop and provide some things to remember. Specifically... some firsts in the life of me.

- Losing 6 straight softball games now... but still having fun through appreciating team camaraderie, and the love of the game.
- Actually. 3 of those losses were probably amongst the most depressing and ridiculously frustrating games of my life. I won't elaborate which ones.
- Spelling camaraderie three different ways before finally just googling it.
- Injuring my pinkie off a line drive from Yi Bu's bat. My left hand is now down to three perfectly functioning fingers.
- Directing a scene of a Mean Girls parody
- Driving to Santa Ana for a 35 minute sit down interview outside my comfort zone.
- Picking up Mr. Singh from the train station.
- Going down to San Diego in the morning and driving back that same night, running through the streets of downtown SD, sweating profusely in a federal office building, riding a dolphin, eating Board & Brew plus Jamba Juice, standing like a loser on traintracks, being a tourguide, and saluting an American flag made of flowers.
- Morning prayer at 7AM in the middle of Aldrich park
- Witnessing two ranked number 1 in the nation UCI teams.
- Getting lost in the music of Hillsong United
- Hearing Jaeson Ma. period.
- Eating xing ren dou fu that actually comes close to the xing ren dou fu my mom makes.

Pretty much what college is all about.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

who is this jaeson ma i keep hearing about?

amyy said...

- Spelling camaraderie three different ways before finally just googling it.

my favorite firsts, besides the ones that I got to experience with you firsthand! hahaha and I like the last one, omg you should try the newest batch.. i think its the winner of all winners, or maybe just because I ate it this late..it enhances the taste?

and Jaeson Ma- AMAZZINGGG speaker. when did you hear him?

McLean said...

Aldrich Park at 7am. Must have been gorgeous.