Monday, September 24, 2012

thoughts from a law library

Every so often, I get the urge to give up on trying to abate the onslaught of cases that we are forced to read, and just pick up a notepad and go interview the guy who has been working at the school coffee shop for over 40 years. Or to follow up on the new coach who is fulfilling a dream of returning to his alma mater but at the same time facing his old team that he has spent 10 years pouring his heart and soul into.

I also find myself falling into some of the same time sinks that used to plague my undergraduate career, despite my best-laid plans to turn over a new leaf. Some time I catch myself reminiscing over the good old days and wish that I could still partake in some event, even if it's not conducive to where I'm at now, and where I'm heading. Old habits die hard, I guess.

No comments: