Sunday, June 21, 2009

embarking on the unknown... and PB&J

First... inspiration from DNgo and a bowl of oatmeal I had during finals week. We were moving out soon so in an effort to finish the bit of strawberry jelly we had left, I just dumped it in my oatmeal.

After a few bites, I realized that the bland oatmeal was not doing enough to counteract the overly sweet preserves. The jelly had made its point. It needed some peanut butter.

In life, whether its from our parents or our friendships, we need both jelly and peanut butter.
Jelly is the sweet loving kindness that makes everyone smile.
Peanut Butter is that salty base that keeps you honest.

Without jelly, peanut butter just seems a little too mean and dry. Your mouth can only handle so much before it gets glued together. Without peanut butter, jelly just gets kind of old. You stop growing as a person and your character becomes stale without someone to kick you in the behind every once in a while.

. . .

So tonight begins my first Irvine experience without Yibs and Mwen. It's weird not having that constant comfort blanket of people to talk to or eat with. I don't even have Princess, and the availability that comes with her. I would go into some emotions and feelings such as loneliness and slight anxiousness yet excitement at the same time but Arkin's reading of that random journal will forever prohibit me from doing so in a blog. I will now stop name-dropping like a vatz of fat.
Summer '09 embarking... now.

5 comments:

amyy said...

I really really liked this one. if blogging had a like button, I would have already clicked it. But it doesn't. so I will just let it be known.
"amy likes this"

Captain said...

OH YEAH, DGAO, that's what I'm talking about. Food inspired blogs. :]

Through Heart-Shaped Glasses said...

This is GENIUS, DGAO! Ahhh love it a TON. and seriously, no name-dropping... we never know when Arkin will strike again!

D said...

i will disappear off the face of the planet just to spite you.
TRY CONTACTING ME THEN, GAO.

trangkb said...

Vatz of fat. Nice.